Friday, 12 February 2010

DVD cover and disk image 12/02/01

This is the DVD cover for my film America: Story Of A Nation. I made the front cover using pictures of the Statue of Liberty, some skyscrapers, the American flag, and a cheeseburger. The skyscrapers are lower towards the centre of the image, which draws the viewer's attention towards the centre. A similar effect is used with the base of the Statue of Liberty. I made the back cover using the stripes from the American flag and some official Presidential pictures.

This is the DVD disk image for the same film. I used the metallic effect on the text so it would stand out against the background. I used the same Presidential pictures but this time in a curved line, so it would adhere to the edge of the DVD and would also be reminiscent of Mount Rushmore. Like in the DVD cover, I was trying to present as overwhelmingly American an image as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment